Taken from MyAms blog
Exams are stressful, so we’ve put together a collection of cute animal photos & videos to relieve some stress! From cats, to dogs, to otters, here are some adorable stress-relief photos for you to enjoy & share.
1. Christmas Pups
2. A baby sloth, with a new best friend
3. Cat (probably) surfing Facebook
4. Baby bulldog trying to walk
5. Happy baby
6. Cat sad that you can’t focus
7. Best of friends
9. Cats, trying to find a seat
10. Getting ready for Hurricane Sandy
11. Elephant bath
12. This puppy might like car windows
13. Dogs that want to be a Christmas tree
14. Wrinkles. Wrinkles everywhere.
15. Baby elephant at the beach
16. Pandas trying to climb a slide
17. Best of friends
18. Hat trick
19. Newborn Gorilla
21. This crazy sheep
There’s nothing like feeling that great sense of satisfaction for being first in line, on a Wednesday night, for the Black Friday sales. In a little over a week it will be Black Friday, which means it’s time to break out that camping gear. It is seriously my favorite time of the season. Honestly, drinking hot chocolate from a thermos while camping outside of Best Buy in below freezing temperatures is THE BEST. I mean you really just meet the nicest people as you shove your way to the front as soon as the doors finally unlock. Oh and don’t even get me started on the amount of exercise you get as you run to get your hands on that last present, that only really saved you $10… Whoa talk about dedication. The fact that there are people in the world who do not share my love and enthusiasm for Black Friday is beyond me. However, in the off chance that you will need me on Wednesday night, I’ll be the one camping outside on the mall’s public sidewalk, where people have walked, spit and done other disgusting things. Hope to see you there!
Do you ever look around, I mean really look around, and notice how many hipsters there really are?
I’ll be walking down the street… just minding my own business…and then it hits me… like a ton of bricks… plaid shirts, skinny jeans, big-rimmed glasses… EVERYWHERE.
There is nowhere to hide. If there is one thing a hipster is good at…it’s making you question everything you ever thought was trendy, delicious or fabulous.
Have you ever walked past a group of people and thought to yourself, “they’re judging and talking about me”, but they really probably weren’t?
Well in this case they definitely were.
Whether you are in line at Starbucks, at a restaurant or shopping at a non-thrift store… it’s as if you did something wrong even if you didn’t. Your hair is wrong, your clothes are wrong… pretty much your life is basically just wrong.
It’s like there is this alternate universe they live in where everything we do as students or corporate America is completely lame and just shouldn’t exist. Yet, we are all suddenly yearning to live in the areas they live in and dine at the restaurants they deem acceptable.
I mean, honestly, when did it become normal for the 20-year old Audi driving corporate girl to worry about what a Goodwill sweater, tight jeaned, converse wearing guy deems acceptable?
Sometimes I think this is all in my head, so I decided to do some research on this… you know… just to make sure I wasn’t slowly entering the Twilight Zone.
The Huffington Post recently had an article on the top 10 hipster neighborhoods in the US and, thankfully, both Chicago and Austin made this list… Chicago coming in at #4 and East Austin at #7. http://huff.to/Ujk66Y
So I continued my search on these people called “hipsters” just to… you know… figure out who they were and what they wanted from us “non hipsters”.
I came across an article on Wikipedia and found some tips on how to be a hipster, which I think helps explain them quite well… And I mean… now that Libraries are disappearing by the minute, it’s really the only reliable source for me to get my information from… but, really…
In case you think you run into a hipster but aren’t quite sure… or you want to join their “secret club” because you are too lazy to come up with your own style…here are some tips:
1. Pretend you’re poor… for some reason Hipsters like to come off as having no money (Goodwill is the new Nordstrom)
2. Stock up on skinny jeans… make sure they are EXTRA skinny (so tight you can see it all…really it’s quite unnecessary)
3. Be very sarcastic and avoid answering questions directly… also be chill no matter what situation you’re put in (but not chill in the normal chill way…chill as in “I am a hipster so no matter what you say my opinion trumps kind of way)
4. Listen to Indie music… I know this will be hard for all you non-hipsters since you are all depressingly mainstream…
5. Get an old fixie bike instead of a car. Less money, and better for the environment (even if it’s purple, just go with it…basket? Even better…maybe even a little bell on the handle bar)
6. Hang out with other Hipsters at local coffee shops, while discussing poetry or art (or that Indie band you saw at the local coffee shop who’s lyrics are like poetry). It’ll make you look deep and super “trendy”
I felt such relief as soon as I saw this… it confirmed my prediction… there is actually this thing called “hipster”… I’m not going crazy.
For now I guess we need to just accept this is part of our society and wait for the next trend to hit us. At least we can count on the hipsters keeping good restaurants open… supporting local breweries and produce and overall just being around. If one thing is certain we will triumph and our opinions will once again matter…even if it takes a few years.